Monday, October 14, 2013

Meygana Broomstix

I have wanted to play with
this sized doll for a while.
This one is a Bratz version.
They are called Bratillaz.
I am not usually very interested in Bratz.

Her shoes come off, unlike
the Bratz I've seen who have
peg legs that fit into solid shoes.
She was in a thrift store.
Her skin is not one of the colors
of the rainbow.
These, for me, are plusses.

For my dolls, I prefer a more natural
look, but this one is fun to play with
and the camera loves her cartoon
like face.

She even had her shoes.
This is not usual for a thrift store doll.
I did not realise, until I got her home and looked her up,
that she is meant to be a witch.  Almost any time I get a thrift
store doll and it turns out to have monetary value, I try to sell her.  I'm still missing my Mattel Grandma Happy Family doll, but could not justify keeping her when I saw what she would bring.  So, Meygana is up for sale.  If she does not sell, I will have fun redressing her and playing with her hair.

Let me run on, for a bit, about my attitude.  

When I was growing up we thought of witches as purely fictional.  We dressed up as witches.  I still enjoy "Bewitched" reruns.  When I learned that there were people who actually called themselves witches and made it their religion, it astonished me.  Jesus said, "I am the way."  I believe Him.
So, I no longer have cute little witches around.  I am not afraid of witchcraft.  I just feel differently about the whole thing.  Having a doll that is meant to be a witch in the house does not frighten me.  If she does not sell, I will just change her clothes and make her into who I want her to be.  After all, isn't that what dolls are all about?  So, if I have offended anyone with this post, that was not my intention, and I apologise.  I wish you well.


10 comments:

  1. Aunt Lou! I thought you had stopped blogging because I haven't gotten an update in a very long time. I went through my blog list and updated everything and I'm still not getting updates even though I am following your blog and I have added it back to my list. Maybe it is taking a little time to reconnect?
    Anyway, I wanted you to know that I haven't been purposely neglecting reading your blog. I think about you often. Hopefully this will fix itself soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear from you, Bama! I just figured you were madly busy. Then when you didn't even "Amen" a post in my "Den," I wondered if everything was OK, but you posted, so I figured...

      I lost updates from a blog I have followed for about 2 years. I found it, signed up for email updates and they appear about a day after I see them, as the blog reappeared in my updates. Who knows... :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with you. I was harassed by a girl I went to school with several months ago on facebook. We grew up in the same neighborhood, attended the same schools, our families know each other, etc. She now professes to be a witch and did everything in her power to make my life a nightmare, because I frequently put scripture or Biblical quotes on my page. I had no idea this family believes they are actually witches until this started happening. I had to remove her from my friend list and blocked her. It got that bad. :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that happened to you, Bama. It's not fun to have to make decisions like that. There is a point at which it is fruitless to keep the line of communication open, I think. I could be wrong, though. I almost was...once. :)

      I feel bad for people who choose this way to feel they can gain power. It's not true. Our only power comes from Our Father, Our Jesus and our dear Holy Spirit. We know that Jesus won! Hallelujah! Open their eyes and hearts, please, Father God.
      <3

      Delete
  3. She's a sweet little doll and her shoes are lovely! Her hair is amazing and terrifying at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, IHime! I think she's cute, too. Isn't that hair a hoot?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what a hoot is?

      Delete
    2. A hoot is a laugh. If you say "hoot" out loud, you hear the sound of a certain kind of laughter. This is a colloquialism & I should have realised you might not know it.

      Delete
  5. She's an interesting doll. Her hair is wild!! I'm not into the dark side myself. Just sunshine and lollipops here. Love the fact you let your opinion known. :)
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caroline! I like that your fantastic creations are sunny & sweet. :) I won't get to play with her and change her personality because I just got a bid on her. Oh, well. :D (I really don't mind selling her for twice what I paid...

      Delete