Friday, December 20, 2013

Again a Dollar Doll!


At the same time I bought Esmerelda
I picked up this little beauty.

She has the Teen Skipper body and
the Courtney face, but I have not
yet found this particular doll, anywhere.

Of course, I had to mess with the
photo.  :)

I ignored these tallest Skipper
dolls, when they first came out.
I was annoyed that they kept
Skipper growing more and more.
Finding them in the thrift store
made me look them over a little
more and I found that I like
their slim figure, sweet faces
and their improbably long legs. :D

4 comments:

  1. Another deal? Wow! That's great hunting! Merry Christmas!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to put some back, sometimes. Other hunting sessions, I come up empty. Merry Christmas, to you, too. :)

      Delete
  2. Judging by the necklace, hair flower decoration, hair color, and what you've written about the body type, I'm pretty sure that your doll is a 2000 Generation Girl Dance Party Chelsie. The Dance Party Chelsie doll was a Toys R Us exclusive, which may explain why you were having trouble identifying it. This Chelsie is in no way related to the current Chelsie dolls, which are basically older Kelly dolls with a name change. The Generation Girl line featured Barbie and a group of multi-cultural friends who attended International High School and participated in various activities together. There was also a series of books, which ended up in Dollar Tree stores when the line fizzled out. I don't know why the dolls used a slimmer body mold. I hope this information was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great information, Anonymous! It looks to me, like you are right. There is one of the flowers still in her hair. Thank you. :)

      Delete