Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Half a Dozen Dollar Dolls

1. A "skinny Ginnie."
She's kind of a mess, but
I like her.
eBay

2. A LIV Alexis,
nude & bald,
in a fun fur wig
I made last night.
Goodwill store

3. A Fashionista Barbie,
needing a good
face wash.
(I made the hat last night.)
Goodwill store

4. A "My Scene" Barbie,
nude with messy hair.
(I started making the skirt.
The unfinished top
is my work, too)
Goodwill store

5. A hard plastic lady
with a vinyl head.
Her clothes are original,
but ripped.
She required a lot of
cleaning.
I still need to wash her hair.
eBay

6. An all bisque.
She appears to be
 a reproduction
or an artist's
work.
She's had a good wash
and I took her braids
down from their
loops and
re braided them.
eBay

Of course, the eBay dolls
had added shipping.
The Goodwill discount
on the other 3 dolls
did not balance out
that shipping,
but, technically,
they cost a dollar,
or less.

6 comments:

  1. Nice finds! I love to look at dolls, but I am trying hard not to buy anymore for awhile, at least! I've got my hands full with what I already have! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Mee, too! Then I see something like the Barbies & LIV (with jointed limbs) and think, "She won't take up much room." I like to us Barbie heads on LIV bodies. This one is so cute, she may escape such a fate. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: congratulations on your new purchases. I love the wig that you did to the LIV. It is very modern. I also like the hat. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marta. I like them both, as well. :)
      Any wig I make from faux fur must be modern, I think, because the fur I have is not long enough for much styling. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the white live wig you created! Gives such a different and unique look!

    ReplyDelete