Saturday, June 25, 2011

Grannie

Here is Grannie.

When I brought Grannie home
from my first doll show, my son said
her eyes were kind of staring, so I
put these glasses on her.  I think
this photo shows what my son meant.

Grannie came to me dressed
this way.  The woman who sold
her to me said she had her since
childhood and she is original,
except the hat.

Grannie has abundant hair
and lovely skin.

This is to show the detail
of Grannie's gown.
(Besides, the photo was
not as sharp as I hoped.)

Grannie is vinyl and appears unmarked.

3 comments:

  1. Granny's kinda cool in a freaky sort of way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is she vinyl? Who made her? Does she have any markings on her?

    I confess that I have never been fond of granny-type dolls until I saw Ginger Brook Hollow's Grandma Sunday. She is gorgeous and I'm so happy to finally have her in my collection. She shows her age, but is still a beautiful doll, unlike some of the others I have seen.

    If you think about it, there aren't too may grandma/grandpa type dolls out there. So it's neat to have at least one in your collection. I think your granny doll is nice, even with her staring eyes! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, TM, I think so, too. :)

    Bama, I noticed there aren't too many elderdollies out there. This one appears unmarked - unless you count some staining! :D

    ReplyDelete