Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rumer Godden

Do you like stories about dolls?

One of my favorite "doll" authors
is Rumer Godden.

I think the first of her books
that I read was
Miss Happiness and Miss Flower.

Four of her shorter books about
dolls are published in one
volume, thus the name;
Four Dolls.

Impunity Jane is an adventurous
little doll.

The Fairy Doll is about a young girl
growing up with a fairy doll's help.

The Story of Holly and Ivy
tells how a doll and a girl
overcome obstacles to better their Christmas.

Candy Floss lives a special
life as a good luck charm.

I have purposely made my
descriptions rather vague
so that you may enjoy the stories
more, as you read them.

Miss Godden wrote other books.
At least seven of them are doll stories
if I remember correctly.

Do you have a favorite doll story?
More than one?

Do tell!

4 comments:

  1. I will have to see if I can find those books to read. They sound so cute!

    My favorite book about a doll is Hitty, The First Hundred Years by Rachael Field. It combines my love of dolls and history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove Hitty! I have these two loves, too. Social history is my favorite area. The way people lived and the way they thought interest me more that political history. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a children's novel called "The Doll People" and it was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the sequel. I'm not sure, but I think I may have read "The Doll People," as well. I know I read "The Runaway Dolls." Ann M. Martin writes about such adventuresome dolls!

    ReplyDelete