Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The (most recent) One That Got Away

OK, so
 I wasn't going to buy any more dolls. 

OK, so
 I was in Salvation Army looking for other things.

OK, so
 there was this very pose-able Stacie (little sister to Barbie) doll for 79 cents with chopped off hair whose smile told me that she wouldn't take up any room, to speak of, at all.

OK, so
 the lines were ridiculously long at checkout and they closed one of the two registers and I stood in line for 10 minutes without noticing the line moving at all.

OK, so
 I put her and the 25 cent basket I had on top of the gumball machine and left.

OK, so...
 no photo of my little doll because I didn't get her.

(sniffle)

In case you are wondering, my son needed the car or I really might have stood there for another 15 minutes, at least!

Have you let any dolls get away that you still remember?  I have!  That's why I added the parenthetic phrase to my title.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Lots of them, unfortunately! You are talking to someone who has had to sell my entire collection to pay lawyer fees....TWICE in the past 5-6 years! Does that count?

    Even though it was hard, the cause was more than worth it. And I'd do it again if need be. I'd do anything for my daughter & granddaughter.

    I will never forget my old dolls though. I know they are making lots of other people happy now. And now I have a new collection and am enjoying new doll experiences. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that count?! Good grief, I haven't done anything like that. Of course peoples comes before dolls. I can't really say I'm sorry for you, because I think I would do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! I count it as a blessing that I had something with value to liquidate when we desperately need to raise a lot of cash quickly.
    God is so good!

    ReplyDelete