Thursday, October 20, 2011

What's Your Dream Doll?

Does she or he actually exist,
or are you still waiting for someone
who shares your vision
to come out with your dream doll?

When I was quite young I told my family
that I wished for a doll that not only
drank and wet, but talked and walked
and grew!

I've already blogged about gazing
at a bigger than life
full page head shot advertising
Francie's debut in Jack and Jill
magazine. 

Allen shared the name of the
nicest of the boys next door.
(They were all older guys -- in high
school, and all but Allen teased too much.)

Allen also had red hair,
a darker version of my childhood
heart throb, Lester's strawberry
blonde hair.

What dolls have you craved?
This is just a start, on my
list.  Most of them were
from Barbie's family well into
my twenties.  Then
antique dolls caught my
attention.

Perhaps I'll continue
this thread a little longer...

We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I think my dream dolls have already been created. The Ginger Brook Hollow dolls are very dear to my heart because they are so much of what I would have put in a doll (if I had the capability to make dolls). Lovely dolls with multiple joints, beauty, quality hair, realistic eyes, a fantastic period-style wardrobe & accessories and stories to help bring the characters to life. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that there is a Grandma to go with them, too. :)

    ReplyDelete