Sunday, February 12, 2012

Experimenting, Again


The two Skipper outfits sold.
Guess I'd better make some more!
In the meantime, I am listing two
dresses for Crissy & company,
modeled by Kerry.

I was a little shocked at how
short the pink dress came
out.  Also, I wanted to experiment
with the pattern, a bit. 
Kerry shows us my next attempt.

There were two areas that I wanted
to try "improving" on the pattern.
(Well, I also lengthened it, but that
is hardly an experiment, for me.)
I wanted to try lining the top of the
dress without slip stitching.
I did not get that right!
I did cut the dress in
one piece.  This results in the
back being on the diagonal,
so, if you try it, you have been
warned!  By pinning the
shoulder seam on the stitching
line, I eliminated the shoulder
seam altogether.
This required a larger
piece of fabric, but I
was unhappy with the big
shoulders of the Skipper
dress I had made, earlier.  I am
pleased with this result
and plan to try it with
smaller doll patterns.

Unfortunately, I did not
photograph the process.
Perhaps, next time.

2 comments:

  1. I think both dresses are cute, but yes the Crissy family big girls' dresses were very short! I made one once with the long bell sleeves. It was hard!

    A sewer I'm not! LOL!

    Congrats on your sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Well, I'm no expert, but it's fun to mess around with it, sometimes. :) Thank you, Bama.

    ReplyDelete