Friday, February 3, 2012

A Little More Fun!

The same vintage pattern has a dress
with a circle skirt. 
So, I wanted to try it.
One thing I did not like was
the way the armholes and neckline
were finished, inside.
These were turned in, clipped and
sewn down.  Now, raw edges are
necessary in some of these tiny
clothes, but I wanted to try lining this
one.  It did make the shoulders pretty
bulky. 

I don't know whether I can rework this
to my satisfaction, or not.  I may have to
make it just the way the pattern says.

I had a lot of fun, until I tried to put all those
seams together around the arm holes. :)

4 comments:

  1. It looks nice. And I love the old wooden thread spool. It gives your photo a net vintage look. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you, Bama! I enjoy these things. This spool of carpet thread belonged to my grandmother or her sister, I think. My mother asked me if I wanted it. Was there any doubt?? :) (Grandma died in 1986. Her sister - well, the one to whom I refer, several years later.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sentimental things like that. I have a big mason jar full of them, but collected them over the years. None of them belonged to family members, but I do have my Mama's old buttons she saved all her life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother did the same. I remember sifting through the buttons in a good sized tin. :) I think we like a lot of the same things, Carolyn! :D

    ReplyDelete