Saturday, February 4, 2012

Goodwill!

When I saw this little doll at Goodwill,
last evening, She was wearing a classic
hand crochet bed doll outfit.
You know, large full skirt
with a big hat. 
Her hair was partially pinned
on top of her head.
Her arms, held on by rubber bands,
were now only held on by the arms of her gown.
I thought she was composition,
at first, but wanted to examine her,
anyway.  She is (ta da)
hard plastic.
$7.99.
Hmmm.
Well, with my discount card, that would be
$7.20, plus sales tax.
After some thought, I spent
the cash and brought her
home.
My friend, Sylvia, confirmed
for me (today) that I had got my money's worth.
She is a Saucy Walker TYPE.
Sylvia also restrung her arms.
The connection between her legs and
head seems to be out of order.
When you turn her from side to
side her eyes move, so I think
she once had "flirty" eyes.

I didn't need another hard
plastic doll from the 1950's,
did I?

I do admit to being a little excited. :)

(These clothes don't quite fit.  She has the toddler body type, so, most of my stockpile is not made for her.)

8 comments:

  1. Of course you needed another hard plastic doll from the 1950's! How silly of you to ask! Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your great find! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, TM, you know me too well! :) (giggle)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Frannie! This is the kind of thing I usually wake up from dreaming. :) (Cool dolls at bargain prices -- I wonder if anyone else dreams that way.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice find and a great price! Her face is so cue and she does look a lot like Saucy Walker. I would have brought her home too! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bamolyn... er... Carolyba... (for some reason I'm feeling rather silly, just now) Thank you for your affirmation! -- not to mention your congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her. A great find and a great price. I am soooo jealous.
    betty
    doll-college.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean! I get dreams where I'm finding deals like this. :)

    ReplyDelete