Sunday, March 4, 2012

What Would You Do?

I found a St. Patrick's type fabric that I liked,
last week.
Don't you like it?
I had decided not to do anything
to sell specifically for
St. Patrick's Day.
By the time I found this,
it was rather late for
sewing and listing.
You have to leave shipping time,
you know!
So, I started a dress for 14 inch
Betsy McCall from a
commercial pattern.
UGH!

Then I started a Skipper outfit.
I may finish it for Barbie.
There was my good old
vintage dress for Crissy by Ideal.
Simple, cute, an ideal (mmphh!)
pattern!  (Actually vintage
Simplicity)
What could go wrong?
Never ask that!
Actually, it's a good
question for a lot of
situations.
A little yellowish stain appeared
on the lining.
The lining did not line up with the
hem of the dress.
The hem of the dress did not
line up in back,

even after I thought I fixed it.

Then, when I put it on Kerry,
it looked so cute
that I decided to try

to sell it anyway!
I got very honest in my description.
I started with a low price.
We shall see.  :)

Oh, and the little Skipper outfit,
all hand knit, sold for $1.90.
Guess it wasn't as cute as I thought
it was!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Stuff like this happens to me EVERY time I try to sew! That's why I rarely do it anymore. LOL!

    Your dress turned out cute and I hope it sells. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you, Bama. It really does something for my confidence when things go this awry! We shall see about it selling. :)

      Delete
  2. The dress turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Frannie, I thought so, too. I've been enjoying all your posts, lately. (Not that I haven't enjoyed the old ones... you know what I mean!) :)

      Delete
  3. It is adorable on Kerry. She is after all the
    Irish cousin of Crissy.
    betty
    doll-college.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I remembered that Kerry is Irish. Thank you, Betty. :)

      Delete
  4. Hello from Spain: congratulations on your new dress. Sew very well. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marta. I'm hoping for smoother sewing in the future! :)

      Delete