Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Could I Have Resisted?



OK, so..
yesterday, we stopped so that
one of our number could use
the restroom at Goodwill.
I had an errand at a nearby store.

When I got back
the others were still in the store,
so I made a quick run through
while they stood in line.
Sprawled across the stuffed animals
Was a large porcelain doll in a purple dress,
white tights and black patent Mary Janes



Her price tag read $2.99.
I guess I could have resisted.





When I got her home, removed her
animal hair covered dress,
her ruffled baby tights
and her shiny shoes,
I found that she's a kneeler
with flat little palms, 

so she can pray.


10 comments:

  1. Awww, she's cute! Does she have any makers marks? Her eyes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bama. She has a mold mark with the name of her maker scratched into her shoulder. Her eyes are gorgeous. Her wig is not well made. Getting her now would disturb my sleeping husband. I plan to do a bit of research on her, when I remember to have the doll and computer in the same place at the same time. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain, this is a cute girld. I like her hair she looks like an ángel. Congratulations. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marta. She looks angelic to me, too. :)

      Delete
  3. I have the same association as Marta - this doll looks like an angel. She's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, IHime. Her wig won't stand close inspection, but she is a darling. :)

      Delete
  4. Resistance is futile! You NEEDED her! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete