Thursday, January 17, 2013

One That Got Away

Do I regret it?
I'm not sure.
I found this Cameron Diaz
doll
(Jakks Pacific)
at an outdoor flea market
over three years ago.
Harry was selling
her for $2, and I was intrigued.
We talked
quite a lot as I
went through his dolls.
He has a story,
as does everyone,
and I wonder how he is
sometimes.
This doll represents
the Natalie Cook
character from
the film,
Charlies Angels.
She has a soft vinyl
"skin" and I could feel
her "ribs" and "backbone"
under that.
If you look very closely,
even with this rather bad
picture,
you can see that she's
quite detailed...
(ahem.)
I think that is part of
the reason I let her go.
I sold her rather cheaply,
along with several
used Jem friends
dolls that I am not
sure whether I regret,
either.
Have you sold
or
given away dolls
you regret losing?

8 comments:

  1. I am really not a fan of dolls that are too womanly! LOL! I have always liked child dolls best, and babies too.

    Anyway, yes I have a few regrets of dolls that are long gone. Not too many, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, i think i knew that about you, Bama! I just can't keep every doll that interests me. The realism was both a plus and a minus. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I have indeed sold a doll that I regret selling. Not sure I would have kept this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Serenata, she is more of a curiosity, to me. The realism was a pro and a con. :)

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: I've given up. Over time, I feel sorry for not having these dolls in my collection. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you keep the dolls you really love, Marta. :)

      Delete
  4. I spend a lot of time getting dolls ready for auction--and then not selling them because I can't part with them!

    ReplyDelete